Wednesday, August 2, 2006

I survived our wedding reception, it was a lots of fun

The previous day I cooked all day so the guests can have my authentic Hungarian Goulash soup.

We had to buy tons of meat for getting the best taste. We filled a whole van with all the ingredients of the party that was the biggest shopping in my life.
After working so hard it looked the bride will greet the guests with black eyes... so I went to bed extra early and tried to relax.
Good things receptions starts in the afternoon.
We had childhood pictures on a table so I was so busy looking for them I could not even dress I was running in bathrobe like I have nothing to do today.
Just on the same day we recognized it was snowing in the mountains which gave an excellent view of the fall forest with snow on the peaks.
As we left the house it started to snow unbelievable, September 16th and it is snowing.

One of my sweet sister-in-laws offered to create a wonder from my messy hair and she did it, although if she knew how much hair I have she would ordered us to be there 2 hours before projected time.

My poor husband was a herro... waiting so long for a woman that is not easy. :)))))))))))

Theoritically the reception started at 5, we arrived after 5.30 and were afraid we will miss our own reception but the guests were not early at all. We only had 1 person arriving exact military time.

The house was beautifully dress in blue and peach. It took me 2 weeks to find the best dress which was nevertheless blue... I found it 2 days before the reception, I was all nervous about it.

It was around 6.30 when people started to show up, giving me enough time to dress. Shortly after at least 50 people was around me, I tried to find familiar faces in the crowd it was a big trial for me.
And nothing goes without surprises here and there, our wedding cake was not done in time so the company offered a different one fast and promised to get ready with the original one, we hot the white carrot cake for free because of their mistake. This is how it happened we had 2 huge cakes and noone mind it at the end. Both of them was gone by the end of our party.



We got an excellent help when we got to opening the present for me it was like a biggest Xmas ever... we had presents all around us, one of the siblings helped us to administer all the gifts we got. Thanks for everyone's support and surprises.

We were registered at Target and John put a red microwave into pour list, he did not think he is going to get it but he fell in love with the color. He was the most surprised to see that he got it :))
Most of the presents will help my life in the kitchen, thanks again and again.

My lucky son also got a surprise too, he was the happiest from all.


The soup and all the other snack were so popular that the salad bar was not too much visited and we were left with tons of lettuce and stuff.

No comments: