Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Welcome on my English blog















Hi All,

It took me a long time but now Im right on to create the English version of my blog.
I moved to the US in Aug 1st 2006 , yes exactly 1 year ago so u can see how long time it took me to start the English version of my blog... sorry for that... :)))) better late than never hope u will enjoy all of my stories.













This is how it started...From August 2006


I can report I survived a 25 hour long trip from Hungary to Salt Lake City the capital of Utah state... heck I never thought this city is soooo far away from my homecountry.
Although I was frightened with heat and desert climate it is not so bad so far...
It took 3 weeks for our boxes to arrive with all of my beloved books and stuff so finally I could feel like I moved here.
There were so many challanging things... first thing we got to know as we arrived to the airport that the Italian airline lost our baggages after the first change of flight. We started our life here fresh with 1 set of clothes.
My son faced with the biggest challange from all. He did not speak a word of English when we arrived. We tried not to worry about that, kids are like sponges and learn so fast... he surprised us as it took only 2 months for him to speak English and 3 or 4 more month to master it with perfect fluency. We are really proud of him.



We had to spend our very first day with shopping and Zsolti got lucky, he got a bicycle besides the clothes.
I couldnt complain within 3 days I got a brand new bike too, the best bike I ve ever had and the most comfortable too.
Now we were all set to discover the hilles arounds us. I never recognized how steep are they until I tried to bike up on one :)))

My very first positive experience from a shop, I thought I need to choose the biggest size in the shop and I grabbed one... it was almost twice as big as I need... I knew it right aways I will love this place... even after a more rational decision I needed to change 4 times so I got a 4 size smaller jeans as we would think.In Hungary I would needed to go to 4 different shop so they would tell me they dont have anything in my size at all.
Second "shocking' experience I have a size 42 shoes which is around size 9-10 in American measures and I had a hard time to find show for myself at home... here I even saw size 11, 12 too... maybe finally I can wear female shoes instead of male boots.

First very important project: learning to drive. It is amazing that I was the only person in the room who was actually older than 16 years old.Our instructor was sweet he said I can be about 18. :))))) I never knew I look10 years younger. We had to do observation after the classes and I made a mistake I answered a 16 years old how old I am ... they were truly shocked how really very very old I am...

Gastronomical first shock, we got a surprise cake from an unidentified relative , it was a cake with nut filling and looked excellent and I tasted it and it was covered with a thing called icing and it was salty .... brooooooooaaaaaaffff....what a shame to kill a cake with that.

Second gastronomical shock, we bought a fancy cake for Zsolti for his 6th birthday 3 days after we arrived, and it looked just awesome... but it actually tasted so bad that even the kids would not eat it....

No comments: