Saturday, July 19, 2008

Visiting the sister of my mother

















Zsolti was not yet born when I visited the sister of my mother the last time.
We dont even know why we thought they live so far - it is only an hour with a train - so my mother decided she will visit them more often from this time on.
The youngest daughter is already 12 years old. She helped with our bags, it was a relief.
In the countryside it was a habit to built a house beside the older relatives. That is visible on the picture. For some reason both my brother and me love this old kind of porch.


















The day we arrived was really hot so it was refreshing for the youngsters to splash in the plastic pool. I actually enjoyed simply staying in the shade.

















It was a coincidence that we found the whole family at home, that was the reason they invited us for this weekend so we can enjoy their company. One thing we did not know about, my mother's sister and her husband celebrated their 22nd anniversary. 22 years ago my mother was the witness for her sister that is why she held the cake for them on the picture. Their kids bought the cake for their parents as a surprise, it was a nice moment.

No comments: